Celebrating Excellence and Innovation in Spine Surgery Products
The Orthopedics This Week Spine Technology Awards recognize exemplary and innovative spine surgery products and the engineering teams and inventors who create them.
Who May Enter:
Inventors (and companies who’ve developed a new product which may improve patient outcomes from spine surgery may enter this contest. Rules: Technologies that are eligible for a 2018 Spine Technology Award must be:
- Any device, biomaterial or biologic product that was developed to improve the care of patients with spine disease
- The owners of the technology must have applied for patent protection within 36 months prior to the awards presentation (after September 26, 2015)
- The technology must have been used in humans (clinical studies or other)
- It need NOT be either FDA cleared or approved
- If FDA approved or cleared, such approval or clearance was received NO MORE than 12 months before the awards presentation
- No prior WINNING technology may be submitted again
How to Enter:
- Please include one completed entry form for each technology
- Submit two copies of each submission form
- Up to eight pages of support documentation is acceptable
- All entries become the property of RRY Publications, LLC
August 10, 2018 – All Technology Submissions Due
Mid September – Winners Announced
September 26-29, 2018 – Awards will be presented in Los Angeles
Judging will be based on originality, clinical relevance and likelihood that this technology can improve current standards of care. The Spine Technology Award panel includes leading surgeons with clinical and research experience in robotics, cervical care, thoracolumbar care, motion preservation, minimally invasive spine care, biomaterials and biologics, and venture capitalists with extensive experience nurturing spine technologies to market.
Awards and Recognition:
Awards will be announced mid September and awards personally distributed in Los Angeles. All winners will be featured in a special edition of Orthopedics This Week; OTM: Spine Magazine (post-conference/pre-conference issues) and their profiles will be posted on the Orthopedics This Week website (www.ryortho.com). Each winning company will be granted permission to post the profiles of their winning teams on their company websites and to distribute freely.
For an entry form or for more information contact: